Monday, January 2, 2012

Hair...hair...hair

For those of you who know the music from the Broadway show 'Hair'  this is our unofficial theme song at times.
Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy


As you know Anna lost all her hair to Chemotherapy.  Shortly after surgery even her eye lashes fell out.  They looked pretty cool when they were grown back in (short like they had a buzz cut).  Anyway we thought it would be fun to show you from when she shaved her head to now and how her hair is growing back to this point.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Anna from this whole experience. 
I also like this one...
This is Anna after surgery.
This picture shows Anna sans eyebrows & eye lashes; it was two weeks after surgery.
Dippin' Chocolates!
I think she could totally pull this look off all the time!  I like her short hair.
(Don't worry we put the chocolates that the kids dipped on a separate plate that I got to eat from)
During Christmas Anna's family holds a talent show each year.  Daphne wanted to dance for her cousins this time.  She started to ask, 'Mommy what are you going to do for your talent?'  Anna thought about showing the family how she could "do her hair" in 5 seconds. 

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow I can't believe how fast it's coming in! Casey and I both thought it had grown a lot in the time we were on our trip! Won't be long before you're a curly haired momma again! I miss you and think I need an Anna fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hair it's longer than mine now.

    Hope your doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love you!!!! You are amazing in every way and we are all so blessed to know you, Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair. How fun to not have to spend a lot of time on it! you look adorable and always smiling as usual. You're an inspiration to me Anna. You've kept such a positive attitude through this whole crazy thing and that tells a lot about you as a person. Must be why I love ya so much! hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete